The Perfect Retreat: Stylish Decor & Relaxing Vibes at Cafe Cite (Hannam-dong)
Aloha~ 🌺
One day when it was pouring down rain, my friend and I were exploring Hannam-dong and almost got completely drenched. Searching for a place to escape the rain, we randomly ducked into a newly opened hotspot, and it turned out to be the most perfect dessert cafe in Seoul! Let me introduce you to 'Cafe Cite Hannam'. From its stylish decor to its relaxing vibe, it completely stole my heart. Here is my honest review of this beautiful Hannam-dong cafe!
1. A Cute Sign Resembling a Matcha Latte
I remembered hearing the name 'Cafe Cite' in Seongsu-dong, so my friend and I walked in without hesitation. However, the building didn't have an elevator, so while we were huffing and puffing up to the 3rd floor, we couldn't help but wonder, "Ugh, is this the right place?" Haha (Warning: Everyone else was also hunched over and panting while walking up! lol).
But as soon as we arrived at the 3rd-floor entrance, we were greeted by a milky marble sign with the exact color of a matcha latte, and it was so pretty! My designer friend and I had our expectations skyrocket before we even opened the door~
2. A Stylish Interior and Relaxing Panoramic View
The moment we opened the door and stepped inside, I fell in love with the wide, open sense of space. Unlike other crowded coffee shops in Hannam-dong, the generously spaced seating—much like an art gallery—was my absolute favorite part. The luxurious green marble we saw at the entrance grounds the center of the store, making the interior design look truly magnificent.
Best of all, the view of the lush, rain-soaked trees through the cool, expansive panoramic windows was simply breathtaking. It’s the perfect retreat whether it's a sunny afternoon or a romantic rainy day. The view and aesthetic atmosphere are so good that I’d highly recommend this space to anyone looking for a stylish date spot!
3. Cafe Cite Menu & Prices
Looking at the menu, I loved that their lineup—from coffee to desserts—was solid, and you could even carefully choose your beans and milk. So you can pick out your favorites before visiting, I’ve neatly organized Cafe Cite's main menu and prices!
Hannam Black Spanner: 8.5
Sicilian Lemon Granita Ade: 8.0
Black Currant Pink Ade: 8.0
Coffee (Decaf +0.5 / Soy milk, Almond milk, Oat milk substitution +0.5 available)
Americano: 6.0
Cafe Latte / Flat White: 6.5
Vanilla Bean Latte: 7.5
Tea & Milk Tea & Beer
Uva Black Tea / Chamomile Mint Tea / Hibiscus Berry Tea / Lemon Rooibos Tea: 6.0 each
Original Milk Tea: 7.5
Robust Porter Beer: 8.5
Desserts (Pound Cakes)
Carrot / Banana / Double Choco / Green Tea Marron Pound: 6.0 each
Lemon Pound: 5.5
4. Visual Shock! Must-Try Signature Coffee ✨
Perhaps because it was raining, I was craving a rich, nutty coffee, so I chose the Flat White (6.5). My friend ordered their most popular signature drink, the Hannam Black Spanner (8.5).
When we received our drinks, our eyes both widened! The fluffy cream piled on top of the Hannam Black Spanner looked exactly like a black truffle mushroom. The creaminess filling my mouth, the sweet and salty flavor, along with the chocolate and subtle caramel taste! It was one of the most luxurious sweet coffees I have ever tasted in Seoul. My Flat White was also deep and nutty, totally hitting the spot!
5. Carrot Pound Cake Savored with Closed Eyes

Sometimes when you visit trending spots, you get hurt by the blunt service, but the staff at Cafe Cite Hannam were incredibly kind, which made our relaxing time even better. Based on their recommendation, we ordered the Carrot Pound Cake (6.0).
The nuts inside provided a generous, crunchy texture, and the icing coating the outside wasn't hard at all, but delightfully chewy. My friend and I literally closed our eyes in genuine satisfaction while eating it. I instantly understood why this spot is famous for its pound cakes among dessert cafes. (Pro Tip! They are running an event where you get a random slice of pound cake if you write a Naver Receipt Photo Review, so do not miss this!)
6. Discovering My Perfect Hannam-dong Hideout
Finding such a perfect new hideout purely by chance while escaping the rain makes me feel so reassured. With its beautifully designed interior, lush panoramic views, and overwhelmingly delicious desserts, Cafe Cite Hannam is truly a chic escape from the bustling shopping streets. I really hope you visit and enjoy this relaxing vibe with me!
Mahalo! 🌺
📍 Store Information: Cafe Cite Hannam
Address (English): 3F, 238-1 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (About a 503m walk from Hangangjin Station Exit 3)
Parking: Not available
Hours: Everyday 10:30 AM - 8:30 PM (Last Order 8:00 PM)
Phone: 02-3785-0811
Note: Group seating available, Naver Review event in progress. (The restroom is located down the stairs after picking up the key.)





Comments
Post a Comment