Friday, May 25, 2012

Steamed salmon without odor in your house(냄새없는 연어찜)


Hi!
Today, the weather is so beautiful in Hawaii.
As much as I love the nature, I love healthy food, local ingredients, organic stuffs.

For our daily required protein, the best ingredients are low fat chicken, fish and tofu.
I love fish and tofu, but cooking fish is very unpleasant.
If I fry them, I have to deal with the fish odor for several days.
I can't use my huge oven too. 
For cooking one piece of fish...it's waste of energy.
So I prefer foil steaming.

Foil steamed salmon


If you cook your fish this way, you don't need to worry about odor and smelly pan.
Let's start!

<Ingredients>
frozen salmon from Costco -1 piece (thawed)
salt, pepper, dried herb
bay leaf-2
white wine or sake-2Tb
olive oil-1Tb
1ts of soy sauce and sesame and green onion -optional



 
Put the foil on the pan. Rub olive oil on the salmon.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, herbs.
Add bay leaf and white wine.
Fold the foil but give some air space on the top like salmon in the foil balloon!
Try not to make any small hole.

Pour 1 cup of water outside of foil.

 Cover and cook 10-15min until the water all boil down.
Remove from heat, wait for 1-2 min.


Open it with care.
The hot steam inside of foil can be dangerous.



 Tada! Yummy salmon.
I sprinkled sesame seeds, green onion and 1ts of soy sauce.

Very moist!!
 

Nom nom nom~~


Want a bite?


This was our dinner for the night.
Many vegetables with salmon.
Hope you have a wonderful lunch today!
Thank you for read my post.
I always appreciate your interest and comment!
Mahalo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment