Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Microwave Rice Cake with Soybean Flour (전자레인지 인절미)

In my childhood, my mom was really strict about my meal.
She hardly ever gave me processed meat or burger or sweet dessert.
She even made mayonnaise and fish cake at home.
Whenever I watch food documentaries such as Food matter, Food, INC...
I think of my mom and her love and healthy recipe.

Rice cake is one of my favorite snacks.
The great thing about rice cake is its simple ingredient.
Gluten free, no oil, less sugar, no baking powder!!
My dad bought a rice cake machine from Japan during his trip since I loved rice cake.
Making rice cake was quite complicated even with the machine.
However, I'd like to introduce you an easier way to make rice cake.
Honestly, my mom's recipe is better but I believe you don't want to spend 10 hours on making this small treat.

 Rice Cake with Soybean Flour
 
With microwave and sweet rice flour, you can make fresh, warm rice cake in 10 minutes.
Yes, believe me, 10 minutes.
It is faster than you go to a supermarket and buy one.
Let's start!

<Ingredients>
Mochiko (sweet rice flour)-300g
water-350 g
sugar-50g
salt-1/2 ts
Roasted soy bean flour-some


Sweet rice flour
This is the sweet rice flour I use. You can use any kind of sweet(sticky) rice flour.

 

Mix sweet rice flour and sugar and salt.
Add water, mix well.
Cover it and microwave 90seconds.


Mix it well again.
Cover it again and microwave 120 seconds.
Mix it well again.
Cover it again and microwave 60 seconds.
 

Mix it well again.
Cover it again and microwave 60 seconds.
Then the rice cake is ready.
Roasted soy bean flour

Spread roasted soy bean flour on cutting mat or some flat place that can handle the heat.

Carefully spread hot rice cake.
 

Turn it over and cut it into a bite size with scissors.
 

Mix them well in a bowl so that each pieces don't stick together.
 
Done! Yummy warm rice cake!!!


Or, you may add some syrup if you want.
Please be careful to use honey with this recipe.
Agave syrup was better with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment