Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cocktail Shrimp (칵테일 새우)

Hi everyone!
Today I'd like to share my friend Helen's cocktail shrimp recipe.
I've changed some ingredients but the dressing is her original recipe.
(She uses less shrimp and iceberg lettuce)
It is sweet and sour and garlicky!!
Welcome to Korean food world, haha!
In Korea, we use garlic and green onion everywhere ;)

Cocktail Shrimp

After I came to Hawaii, I fell in love with shells, pineapples and conchs....
Anything related to ocean and the island looks awesome to me.
That is my excuse for buying another unnecessary conch shaped plate;)
It looks great with shrimp, right?

Bamboo knot skewers

I supposed to used this knotted skewers but couldn't find those on time.
You can use any kind of skewer or tooth pick.




<Ingredients - for 5>
lemon -5 thin slices
cucumber - 10 thin slices
shrimp - medium 10

<for the dressing>
vinegar -2Tbs
lemon juice, sugar, minced garlic -2ts each





Mix the dressing well and leave them in the refrigerator. 
Steam the shrimp in the boiling water and store in the refrigerator too.



When you and your guests are ready, skew all the ingredients in order of
Lemon-cucumber-shrimp-cucumber-shrimp
Pour the dressing, done!



You see the fresh garlic on the top!!
It really is just right amount of garlic that everybody can enjoy.
It goes great with white wine.



Please try not over cook the shrimp.
Over cooked shrimp is bright white and dry.


Hope you enjoy this recipe.
and great thanks to my friend Helen for the awesome recipe.
Then you will be the first person to see my easy recipes.
Thank you for reading!
Good night to all!!






No comments:

Post a Comment