Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Strawberry Tomato Salad (딸기 토마토 샐러드)

Aloha everyone!
As I promised, I'd like to share one of the no carb birthday recipes.

Today's recipe is strawberry tomato salad.

Strawberry tomato salad

When I saw this tasting tray from Pier1 Import, I thought this was it.
It for what? That's the question I can't answer;)
It's cute tiny spoons and bamboo tray and everything of it was too lovely to resist.
Actually this thing is not for often use.(I found it when I get back home)
Since it has spoons, you might think you can bake mini dessert, but it's not oven safe.
So I decided to make some kind of appetizer which need tiny spoons.
Yes, this recipe is devoted to the tasting tray;)


<Ingredient>
sweet grape tomato halve- 1cup
strawberry diced - 1cup
cucumber - half
olive oil - 1Tbs
balsamic - 1Tbs
lemon juice - 1/2Tbs
salt and pepper



This Hofarm Kahuku Golden grape tomato is my favorite in Hawaii.
You should try it if you haven't tried yet.
This is as sweet as real grape and I love the golden color.
If you use regular red grape tomato for this recipe, it's not as pretty as this.


Halve them.


Dice the berries.


Get rid of cucumber seed and dice them.


Gently mix them with the dressing.
Sprinkle salt and pepper as you desire.

You have to leave it at least 10min in room temperature
or 30min in refrigerator, covered.
Because strawberries absorb the dressing the first and cucumber the last.
You have to wait until every single ingredients absorb enough dressing.



Done!!!


Super easy and pretty yet very delish.
The sourness, saltiness, sweetness will make a great appetizer.
Please don't make left over though. After a few hours, the strawberry turn to very mussy. You may chop fresh romaine and top with this salad for green salad version.

I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Please stay tuned for the next one.
Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment