Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spicy Anchovy Pasta (매운 엔쵸비 파스타)


Anchovy is one of the most useful ingredients for Korean food.
We use dried anchovy stock for most of the soup and jjigae.
We make sweet dried anchovy fry, myul chi bok um(멸치볶음)
and most importantly, we use fermented ancovy juice for making Kimchi.

When I first opened a canned Italian anchovy,
I was super excited :)
I expected some smelly fishy fermented anchovy
but it wasn't!
Italian Anchovy has so much flavor and can be loved from everybody.
Now I'm recommending this to my Korean friends :)

Spicy Anchovy Pasta
 
Ok, what can you guess if I, a Korean lady make anchovy pasta?
Yes!!! It's SPICY :D
Ready to burn your mouth? Let's start!!

<<Ingredient for 2>>
anchovy - 1can
pasta(spaghetti or linguine) - for 2 people
garlic-6 cloves
onion - 1/3
green onion - 2
 dried Thai red pepper - 2 piece(if you are Korean, you need 1~2 more)
olive oil
NO SALT!!!!!

 

This is the anchovy in olive oil I've used. 


Cook the pasta without the salt.
Anchovy is already super salty.


Open the can. Yummy!!!!
Dice the anchovy.


Fry sliced and chopped garlic, onion, green onion
with the olive oil from anchovy can.(medium heat)

 

Add anchovy and Thai pepper.
I cut the pepper into really big pieced so that I could easily get rid of those.
Lol!! Yes...It was too spicy for me!!(shame...)

Add pasta, fry together.
If the pasta is too dry, add some water(2~3Tbs)
Mix them really well to prevent those salty anchovy 
won't stick on only one side of your pasta.


Done!! Actually it's really easy to make!!


It takes about 15~18min.
If you don't have any idea for dinner, 
or you are too tired to cook dinner,
Why don't you cook anchovy pasta?
Happy tummy, happy life!!

Thank you so much for reading.
I always appreciate your comment.
Mahalo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment