Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coach's Oat : Berry almond oatmeal


Recently I bought this interesting patented oatmeal from Costco.
It's neither steel cut oat nor rolled oat but you can cook it in 3-5min.
They said that they cracked and baked it.


You can see golden brown oat. 
No wonder they baked this. 
I didn't know raw oat(actually baked but..) can be this delicious.
Once you try this, you will be inspired to make oat cookies.


<Make 2 bowls of oatmeal>
Boil 2cups of water and cook 2/3 cups of oat on medium heat.
I added some cinnamon and 1tablespoon of cream.

After 3min, move it from the stove and cover.

Wait 1 more min.

Tada!!! done!! it really tastes like steel cut.
Very nutty and not too mushy.
You can cook it from microwave too.
I'm ok with cooking my oatmeal on the stove top
but...can't wait my steel cut for 40 min every morning.


Berries and almonds with some maple syrup :)


Oat meal is a healthy, filling and CREATIVE breakfast.
What's your favorite breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment